Anna Meares leads the n team into the opening ceremony of the Rio Olympics. Photo: Joe Armao Usain Bolt of Jamaica competes in the Men’s 100 meter semifinal at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. Photo: Cameron Spencer
‘s Erin Phillips and Serbia’s Milica Dabovic chase a loose ball during a women’s quarter at the Rio Olympics. Photo: Eric Gay
1. Who won ‘s first gold medal in Rio?
a) Mack Horton
b) Catherine Skinner
c) Women’s 4x100m freestyle relay
2. IOC boss Thomas Bach won gold in 1976 in which sport?
c) Modern pentathlon
3. How many Olympic gold medals has Michael Phelps won?
4. What country marches last in the Opening Ceremony?
b) Host nation
5. Which city did Melbourne beat by one vote to host the 1956 Olympics?
a) Buenos Aires
6. What was the first venue to host the Winter Olympics twice?
b) Lake Placid
c) St Moritz
7. Which side won ‘s first ever gold in a team sport?
8. Which African country has won the most Olympic gold medals?
c) South Africa
9. Who won ‘s only medal in modern pentathlon?
a) Kitty Chiller
b) Angie Darby
c) Chloe Esposito
10. Which city in 2022 will be the first to host both a Summer and Winter Olympics?
11. At which Olympics did Usain Bolt first compete?
a) Athens 2004
b) Beijing 2008
c) London 2012
12. Which Olympic sport is open competition between men and women?
Answers: 1. (a) 2. (b) 3. (c) 4. (b) 5. (a) 6. (c) 7. (c) 8. (b) 9. (c) 10. (a) 11. (a) 12. (a)